Here goes the perennial flub of mine. I am determined to make it work this year, however. If this is your first time coming across a Mama’s Mission of the Month post, you can see where I got the idea here.
This time, I’m going to expound on everything a little, just to add some extra motivation and reminders of what my thought process was when I wrote these all out.
- New routines for EVERYONE. We have fallen into a semi-productive routine over break, and with a few tweaks and adjustments, I think it’s going to work really well. Bedtime is once again being set on the phones and tablets, and bedtime are going to be followed. It’s going to be rough at first, but in the grand scheme of things, I think it will b e more than worth it.
- Read and journal EVERY day. I’ve already started a list of books that I want to read this year, and I’m finally going to use the peacock journal that Connor, Ryli, and Landry got for my Mother’s Day gift in 2017.
- Self-Care: exercise, sleep, hydrate. My darling stumbling blocks of not taking care of myself. I already have self-care quotes above several of my weekly spreads in my bujo (bullet journal), my current favorite being “Self-love is the greatest middle finger of all”. Exercise will start next week, when the kids are back in school, in the form of swinging by Bachman Lake and doing lap(s) unless there is precipitation in the act of falling. I’ll most likely start out with every other day, as it’s a 3.1 mile loop. Sleep I start tonight, and I’m nearly sixty ounces in on the hydration.
- Solidify routines. (by the end of January) Falls in line with the previously mentioned routines, there’s will just take a bit more tweaking, I’m sure.
- Blast Off to Reading with Landry 5 days a week. Landry asked, and I am going to oblige. He wants me to tutor him, so I got a highly recommended Orton-Gillingham workbook to work on.
- 20 minutes reading EVERY night. I don’t care if I have to read it to them, or they read to themselves, or a combination, but every night they spend with me, they’ll do a minimum of twenty minutes.
- Stick to budget. Pretty self explanatory.
- One meal out this month. See above. The only possible exception would be if someone wants to take us out. LOL
- “Wish Lists” for each room. Every room/area needs some additional TLC, whether it be rugs, trash cans, bedding, or anything else.
- Finish organizing and purge by 1/15/19. The hardest part of this was done last month… the kids’ Elf on the Shelf, Tyrion, and his supervisor came in and organized their toys and purged a bunch while they were at their dad’s. Now, to do all the clothes. My carrot to keep me going will be the reduction of dirty clothes.
- Meal Plan! To keep eating in and all that, I need to make a good meal plan and stick to it. The InstaPot has been a godsend thus far.
- Order more dishes. Time to get some more dishes. The Brandless set is short a bowl, and the others have been nearly decimated, mainly due to gravity.
- Volunteer once a week. I’ll just check what opportunities present themselves.
- Be there by 2:00 for pick up. It sounds crazy, being there at least 55 minutes before dismissal, but the first week I picked them up from school, I had to do so many laps, I tried getting there earlier. The first tank of gas disappeared much faster. So, I’ll go early and occupy myself on my iPad, or reading.
- Start Nic’s apartment 1/16. I’ve done such a job here, I’m being enlisted to pull off the same feat at Nicole’s. I’m going to do her car as well. This should be fun.
- Save for a trip south. I have a car, and we will use it!
- Plan for reunion. Twenty five years. I think I know when it’s going to be. Just waiting on confirmation.
- Post a minimum of once per week per blog. Yep… I’m going to try to do these the right way.
- Post on the pages’ FB. Just keeping them up to date. No big deal.
- 2019 Goodreads Challenge. I committed to read fifty books this year. Going to start today with You Are A Badass here today. Next up, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a #@%!.
- Keep calendars up to date. All of them. This will be fun. I have the Scribbles That Matter Markers, my pen collection, and stickers.