Domestic Violence, Home, Moving, Organization

I am beat.

From Thursday at about 5:00 a.m. to about 2:00 this morning, I was almost non-stop go, go, go. Two trips downtown, a trip to the grocery store post-snow, getting the apartment ready for the stuff from storage, and getting the stuff from storage put away, not to mention the regular day-to-day stuff. I went to take a nap last night and the big boys just let me sleep for four hours. Then I woke up long enough to send some emails and get the little ones to sleep, and somehow squeezed in another five hours of sleep. Needless to say, I’m off to a slow start this morning.

It all started Thursday with a trip to the courthouse to change my address and find out once and for all what the hell was really going on with the protective order that was granted back in August. It was cold out, but I warmed up quickly as many places as I was sent to complete the change of address. After handing in the completed form at the court clerk’s office, I stopped by the District Attorney’s office that handles nothing but protective orders, and finally got some straight answers.

Turns out X did get the August protective order dropped almost a month earlier. They attempted to notify me of the hearings (there were two), but I hadn’t changed my address, thinking I was safe to wait until we got moved into the apartment. Clearly, I was wrong. The DA who looked up all the information offered to schedule me an appointment to reapply, but since I knew how to get a protective order pro se, I declined. I bundled back up and headed for home.

Once I got home, it was the normal stuff, with the addition of reprinting and completing yet another protective order packet, then making copies. I got yet another text message on the spare cell that was from X’s mother’s cell, yet sounded an awful lot like him. That was creepy, but it definitely steeled my resolve to get the protective  order sooner rather than later. I got everything (mostly) done, then took myself and the littles out to Dreamland to gear up for another, colder trip downtown.

Friday morning found me hopping off the train at Akard Station so I could head up Akard Street to the Fairmont, where they happen to have a UPS Store inside. It took no time to have the affidavit notarized and then head back to the courthouse. By 10:39, the judge had signed off on the new temporary orders and scheduled it for a hearing. I bundled back up and headed home, with my iPhone going bonkers, I couldn’t go to the store.

On the way back, waiting for my last bus, I saw some of the first snowflakes fall. By the time I got home and ready for a catnap, it was snowing AND sticking. I napped and then Connor and I went to the store. The typical fifteen minute bus ride there was closer to an hour, and the trip home by Lyft was over an hour. All that backup over a dusting of snow.

After all that, we had our stuff brought to us from storage. The good news is there is a lot more storage space and furniture. The bad news is there is even more laundry to be done, and the washer and dryer won’t be delivered until Tuesday at the earliest.

I think I’ve put off getting the rest of the stuff put up, so since you now know where I’ve been. I’ll be back soon enough with all sorts of other updates!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s